|Check the details about Gordeau's background from here!|
Health: 10500 (Originally 13700)
Play-type: Offensive, Footsies
Dash Type: Run
Gordeau is one of the two characters that can steal GRD from the opponent. Force Function also gains 3 frames less startup and less recovery while also having head-level invincibility frames when in Vorpal state.
Gordeau is a simple-to-pick-up power fighter with long reach and good priority in his normals and special moves, as his scythe gives him solid near-full-screen control and is also able to expend his meter for solid EX moves to use as reversals. Either way, his fundamentals and easy-to-grasp combos lead to solid damage off of nearly any hit confirm.
At middle distance, use 5C or his specials with good priority like Mortal Slide or Grim Reaper to beat out his opponent's moves or to keep them in check. At close range, use Aim Opening or 6B as overheads in order to force openings during blockstring pressure, especially when combined with his command grab for tick throw setups.
Not only does Gordeau have his fundamentals and his long range, but he can also steal the opponent's GRD, making him a powerful character to control that gauge with and also gives him access to the benefits of Vorpal state more often. However, most notable weakness of his is that he lacks non-physical zoning tools or any sort (such as a real projectile), which against careful fighters, can easily render his best pokes to be beaten out when used at bad times. This also ties into his scythe-based attacks being very situational due to them covering only certain angles (such as his 2C having weak-horizontal range for an anti-air and his Shade Harvest having a narrow hitbox).
Another big weakness of his is his lack of fast safe moves outside of his throw; because of this, Gordeau is often committed to his pokes and can barely play a safe footsies game when his longest-reaching attacks are fairly laggy. Examples include his 5C, 3C and his Grim Reaper, all three of which can be easily punished on whiff or block if used carelessly; playing Gordeau while simple, does not encourage haphazard use of his tools.
|Low kick. Gordeau's fastest normal and works like many standing light kicks in other fighters. Can be used to pick up opponents on the ground.|
Smart Steer: 5A, 5B, 5C, 214B, 236C
|Crouches and does a little jab. Longer reach than 5A and can be rapid-fired. Standard pressure tool.|
|Steps forward a bit and punches to the opponent's stomach area. Short reach.|
|Forward low push kick with a decent reach. Standard crouching medium kick normal.|
|Yakuza kick. Advantageous move even on block, which allows for some pressure.|
|Tackles the opponent with a shoulder charge. Causes wallbounce if the move hits, so continuing the combo is easy.|
|Punches downwards. Standard air-to-ground semi-light punch attack.|
|j.||275 -> 640||Stand||SP/EX/CS|
|Two horizontally long forward spin kicks. Decent air-to-air and air-combo filler.|
Command Normals/Unique Arts
|Steps forward and turn-punches down. Hits overhead and downs the foe on grounded hit, and inflicts ground bounce on airborne hit. Can be cancelled to specials on hit.|
|Same as Dash B. Added in Exe:Late[st]. Downs opponent on counter hit.|
Special Moves/Sure-Killing Arts
|Input||English Name||Japanese Name||Damage||Guard||Cancel|
|j. //||Mortal Glide||モータルグライド||(A) 1537 > (B) 1577 > (C) 2242||Crouch/Stand/Air||SP/EX/(CS)|
|150px||Does a little twirl with his scythe in the air. Air unblockable.|
B version does a wide slash outward and downwards with a small launch effect, while Gordeau back away.
EX version has more hits than B version.
Infinite Worth EXS
- (5B) > 5A＞5B＞5C＞236A＞236A＞236A
- 2B＞5B＞5C＞3C＞2B＞3C＞2C＞Charged j.C
- 5A＞5B＞2B＞5C＞3C＞236A＞236A＞2C＞Charged j.C＞3C＞236A＞236A＞236A
- 2A (Up to 3 times)＞5B＞5C＞3C＞236A＞236A＞2C＞Charged j.C＞3C＞236A＞236A＞236A
- 5B＞2B＞5C＞3C＞236A＞236A＞3C＞2C＞Charged j.C＞j.A＞j.B＞3C＞236A＞236A＞236A
- 2B＞5B＞2C(1)＞5C＞3C＞236B＞236B＞2C＞Charged j.C＞j.A＞j.B＞3C＞236A＞236A＞236A
- 2B（Hit with the tip）＞5C＞3C＞236A＞236A＞3C＞2C＞Charged j.C＞j.A＞j.B＞3C＞236A＞236A＞236A
- 2C＞j.B＞j.C＞3C＞2B＞Delay 3C＞3C＞236A＞236A＞236A
- 2C＞Charged j.C＞（3C＞）＞236A＞236A＞2C＞236B＞236B＞236B
- 2C＞5A (Whiff)＞5B＞j.B＞j.C＞3C＞2B＞Delay 3C＞3C＞236A＞236A＞236A
- 6B＞22A＞2B＞236A＞236A＞2C＞Charged j.C＞j.A＞j.B＞3C＞236A＞236A＞236A
- Assault j.C＞5A＞5B＞5C＞3C＞236A＞236A＞2C＞Charged j.C＞3C＞236A＞236A＞236A
- Assault j.C＞5B＞2B＞5C＞3C＞236A＞236A＞2C＞Charged j.C＞3C＞236A＞236A＞236A
Mortal Slide Starter
- 236A/B＞236A/B＞3C＞2C＞Charged j.C＞3C＞236A＞236A＞236A
Grim Reaper Starter
- 623A/B/C (Chain Shift)＞(Dash)＞j.B＞j.C＞5B＞236B＞236B＞2C＞Charged j.C＞j.A＞j.B＞3C＞236A＞236A＞236A
- 623A/B/C (Chain Shift)＞(Dash＞j.B＞j.C＞3C＞236A＞236A＞2C＞Charged j.C＞j.A＞j.B＞3C＞236A＞236A＞236A
- 623A/B/C (Chain Shift)＞(Dash)＞j.B＞j.C＞5B＞236B＞236B＞2B＞5C＞j.B＞j.C＞3C＞236A＞236A＞236A
- 623A/B/C (Chain Shift)＞(Dash)＞j.B＞j.C＞3C＞236A＞236A＞2B＞5C＞j.B＞j.C＞3C＞236A＞236A＞236A
- 623A/B (Aerial hit)＞22C＞(Dash)＞2C＞Charged j.C＞j.A＞j.B＞3C＞236A＞236A＞236A
- 623A/B (Aerial hit)＞22C＞(Dash)＞2B＞5C＞j.B＞j.C＞3C＞236A＞236A＞236A
A or EX Assimilation Starter
- 214A/C (Chain Shift)＞5C＞3C＞236A＞236A＞2B＞5C＞j.B＞j.C＞3C＞236B＞236B＞236B
- 214A/C (Chain Shift)＞22A＞2C＞236B＞236B＞2B＞5C＞j.B＞j.C＞3C＞236A＞236A＞236A
- Throw (Hold the stick down)＞5A＞5B＞2C＞2B＞5C＞3C＞236B＞236B＞236B (Doesn't work on Linne)
- Throw (Hold the stick down)＞5A＞2C＞Charged j.C＞3C＞236A＞236A＞236A
- 2C>Charged j.C>j.A>j.B drops really easily against Vatista and Chaos. Recommended to use other routes against them.
- 2B>5C>j.B>j.C>3C often drops against Eltnum. Try to evade using that route.
- 5B＞2B＞5C＞236A＞236A＞Dash C＞22A＞5B＞j.B＞j.C＞3C＞236A＞236A＞236A
- 2C > j.B > j.236B > 22C > 3C > 22B > 3C > 2C > 5C
|1. Robbery Purple||2. The Baron of Night||3. Poseidon||4. Red Azrael||5. Thunderbird|
|6. Vampire and Alcohol||7. Lancelot du Lac||8. Bamboo Scythe||9. Season of Harvest||10. Legend Vermilion|
|11. Scharlachrot||12. Fresco Verde||13. Shadow Vice||14. Emperor of Walnut||15. Mischievous Firefly|
|16. Turquoise Blue||17. Atonement Blood||18. Golden Summer||19. Hard Sleet||20. Frost Skeleton|
|21. Gusty Edge||22. Noble Impulse||23. Amore Formaggio||24. Jade Tempest||25. Deadvlei|
|26. False Dawn||27. Lunar Corona||28. Falconry Hawking||29. Righteous Daddy||30. Imitate Intrigant|
|System||Basics · Offense · Defense · System|
|Move Sets||Hyde · Linne · Waldstein · Carmine · Orie · Gordeau · Merkava · Vatista · Seth · Yuzuriha · Hilda · Eltnum · Chaos · Akatsuki · Nanase · Byakuya · Phonon · Mika · Enkidu · Wagner|
|Trophies||UNDER NIGHT IN-BIRTH Exe:Late Trophies · UNDER NIGHT IN-BIRTH Exe:Late[st] Trophies|
|Other||Menu · Modes · Stages · In-Birth Front|