|Check the details about Chaos' background from here!|
Play-style: Offensive, Footsies, Pressure, Frame Traps, Tandem Attack, Rekka (Azhi Dahaka only)
Dash Type: Run
Specialty: Azhi Dahaka
Chaos controls a giant lizard and has a specific gauge limiting its use. When the icon is green, you can freely order the lizard. When the icon is red, Azhi Dahaka is either in the middle of a move or still recovering from previous move. When Azhi takes a hit, it disappears from the screen and the icon turns black. You can't use Azhi during this time. Icon recovers back to green after few seconds. Damage inflicted onto Chaos via getting rid of Azhi is negated whenever in Vorpal state, as well as the ability to whiff cancel any Azhi-based move into another one.
Chaos is technical character who fights together with a lizard called Azhi Dahaka. Chaos uses a variety of decent pokes for footsies while the rest of his special moves all are commands for Azhi Dahaka. In a sense, Chaos is a type of avatar fighter who relies on disjointed zoning and powerful tag-team offense.
You can cancel Chaos' normal moves to Azhi Dahaka's orders and cancel Azhi Dahaka's orders to Chaos' normals. Take advantage of this rule and assault your opponent with waves of attacks. Also, most of Azhi Dahaka’s special move orders has a very unique rekka mechanic, such as allowing to cancel used EX moves as well than just used special moves to unused specials/EX moves outside Infinite Worth or Infinite Worth EXS moves (for cancelling the used EX to unused EX then IW or IWS can only be applied on Cross Veil Off with extra careful).
Chaos has a good amount of match and space control at his disposal due to mechanics involving Azhi attacking at unexpected moments, making him solid at punishing some attacks. He also packs a good damage output and decent zoning on his own, with moves such as his 6C Code Reflect move and a ton of offensive capabilities giving him with Azhi Dahaka at his disposal: frame traps, okizeme, mixup and crossups.
However, Chaos' technical playstyle requires good judgment and solid spacing, so he can be hard to use, especially because his non-Azhi moves aren't too good (exacerbated further with much of the weapons-based cast) as his footsies game is one of the weakest. Despite his good mixup with Azhi, his normals on the other hand don't give him much to open up his opponent's defenses. His spacing also needs to be spot on with moves like his Code Reflect and having Azhi being close to Chaos at all times; too far behind with Chaos taking the lead is never an ideal position.
Of course, when he focuses on any offense, technical or not, he forefits the assets of meterless reversals, so when forced on the defensive, Chaos can have a hard time trying to have some breathing room as Azhi is useless without Chaos being free to give commands.
His standard offense also notably a bit weak without Azhi, despite his combos being decent as he has no grounded overheads for mixup; from there, like with certain avatar characters in other fighting games, Chaos' "avatar" can be hit to disable its use for a while, severely cutting off his options and making sure Chaos has good control over Azhi's movements.
A notable thing to keep track of is Chaos' relation to Azhi; certain recent avatar fighters can both be hit by a single attack, meaning characters can hit both Chaos and Azhi Dahaka like so. Also, should the one be sandwiched in between the two, blocking position and orientation is based on Chaos' position from his opponent, and not Azhi Dahaka's, meaning just by moving away from Chaos to block normally, one can also block Azhi's attacks as well, even if the lizard attacks from behind.
|Chops inward with his leading hand at a downward angle.|
|Crouches and sweeps with hand. Repeatable as any other rapid-fire light attack.|
|Lean-kicks forward obliquely downwards in a stomping motion. Slow start-up, but works as a decent mid-attack-type poke against crouching targets.|
|Crouches and kicks forward low. Standard medium low kick normal and a good poke.|
|Same motion as 5B follow-up. Technically his best anti-air on the fly, but must be used with care and proper positioning.|
|Crouches and does a wide outward chop. Knockdown like any other sweep, and can follow-up with other attacks. Decent space control move that works as one of Chaos' main poke-punish tools.|
|Vertical slamming chop with leading hand. Downs on hit, though it is not an overhead despite its looks. Primary ender to apply wake-up offense using "Hide" in the corner as well in the midscreen.|
|Chops down and outward with his leading hand. Obliquely downward long reach. Good for air-to-ground approach.|
|Launch-kicks right above him in a turn. Combo filler and good aerial anti-air.|
|Jump knee kicks the opponent upwards. Not often a solid combo option since it's near impossible to combo from it, but it works for a decent knockdown option instead.|
Command Normals/Unique Arts
Special Moves/Sure-Killing Arts
Infinite Worth EXS
- 2A>2B>2C>5C>5C>j.B>j.C>j.2C Dash C
- 2A>2B>2C>5C>5C>j.B>j.C>j.2C>2C>236B>623A>(623B or 214A or 236A)
- 2A>5B>5C>5C>j.B>j.C>j.2C>Dash C>Dash C
- 2A>5B>5C>5C>j.B>j.C>j.2C>Dash C>236A>623A>236B>623B
- 2A>5B>5C>5C>j.B>j.C>j.2C>2C>236A>236C>Dash C
- 2B>2C>5CC>j.B>j.C>j.2C>Dash C>2C>236A>236B(>Delay 236A)
- 2B>5C>236A>5A>Dash C>623B>5CC>j.B>j.C>j.2C>2B>236B(>214A)
Dash C Starter
- Dash C>236A>5A>Dash C>623B>5C>5C>j.B>j.C>j.2C> (2C>5C>236B>623A) or (2C>6C>41236D)
- Dash C>22A>5B>5C>236A>j.2C>2B>2C>5CC>236B>623A
"That's The Prey" Starter
- 236B>623A>214A>623A>214A>214B [2378 Damage]
- 236A>236B>623A>214B>623A>214B>236C [3081 Damage]
- 2A>5B>5C>236A>5A>Dash C>236B>Delay j.B>j.C>j.2C>2C>6C>(41236D|3591 damage) or (Charged j.214A) or (623A)
- 2A>5B>5C>5C>j.B>j.C>j.D>2C>236A>236B>623B>(Charged 214A|2700 damage) or (214C|3100 damage)
- 2A>5B>5C>236A>236B>5A>Dash C>22A(>2C)>22A hit>41236D [about 2200 damage]
- 2A>2B>5C>236A>5A>Dash C>623B>236B>j.B>j.C>j.2C>2C>5C>41236D
- 2B>2C>5C>5C>j.B>j.C>j.2C>Dash C>2C>236A>236B>(623B) or (214C)
- 2B>5B>5C>236A>236B>5A>Dash C>22A(>2C>5C)22A hit>Dash C
- 2B>5B>5C>236A>236B>5A>Dash C>2C>C>j.B>j.C>j.2C(>Charged 214A)
- (Only against standing opponents) 2B>5B>5C>236A>j.2C>Delay j.C>2B>(5B>5C)5C>2C>236B>623A>(236C) or (214C>2C) or (Dash C)
- 5B>5C>5C>j.B>j.C>j.2C>Dash C>22A>5C>2C>22A hit>2C>236A>41236D
- j.2C>5B>5C>236A>2C>6C>22A>Dash C>22A hit>Dash C>(236B>623B> 214C or 41236D)
- (Counter Hit)22A>j.B>j.C>j.2C>2C>5C>5C>j.B>j.C>j.2C>(j.214B for oki)
Veil Off Whiff
- 2B>5C>236A>5A>Dash C>22A>5B>22A hit>j.B>j.C>j.2C>2B>236B>236C>5A>Veil Off>2C>41236D [4400 damage]
Cross-up starter (used when crossing-up with a jump in front of the opponent)
- j.A>j.2C>j.B (depending on where Chaos lands during the instant j.A>j.2C; if either in front or behind of the opponent, either part of the j.B can connect to either cross-up or continue the combo)
- j.2C>j.B (used when target is too short for a j.A to connect, but may require a different timing to ensure the j.2C can lead into a better 50/50 cross-up situation)
|1. Prateria Lupo||2. Iceberg Lince||3. Vulcano Squalo||4. Mare Leone||5. Landa Vipera|
|6. Altopiano Serpente||7. Giallo Gatto||8. Verde Bestia||9. Aldebaran||10. Grazia Fuoco|
|11. Jellyfish||12. Cremation Heretic||13. Moos Licht||14. Eclipse Day||15. Lapis Lazuli|
|16. Orquidea Submundo||17. Heat Haza||18. Nuit Tonnerre||19. Ground Horizon||20. Uninhabited Island|
|21. Regal Crest||22. Urban Camouflage||23. Planet Snatcher||24. Daphne Gray||25. Splash Yellow|
|26. Grapy Amethyst||27. Unter Vulkan||28. R.Fox & G.Raccoon||29. Ceresso Bestia||30. A Mere Buddy|
|System||Basics · Offense · Defense · System|
|Move Sets||Hyde · Linne · Waldstein · Carmine · Orie · Gordeau · Merkava · Vatista · Seth · Yuzuriha · Hilda · Eltnum · Chaos · Akatsuki · Nanase · Byakuya · Phonon · Mika · Enkidu · Wagner|
|Trophies||UNDER NIGHT IN-BIRTH Exe:Late Trophies · UNDER NIGHT IN-BIRTH Exe:Late[st] Trophies|
|Other||Menu · Modes · Stages · In-Birth Front|