BlazBlue Cross Tag Battle, is a crossover tag fighting game developed by Arc System Works.
The character roster consists of the characters from the licensed fighting games series involving Project BB Team, such as from Arc System Works' own BlazBlue, Atlus' Persona 4 Arena, French-Bread's Under Night In-Birth, and Rooster Teeth's anime-styled cartoon RWBY.
The character art for this game is drawn by Higuchi Konomi who previously worked as a character designer of the XBLAZE series.
The game features high-speed 2-on-2 battles with real time switching between the two characters as well as assist attacks.
Persona 4 Arena
Under Night In-Birth
- Due to RWBY's original series is first aired in North America, RWBY characters start out with speaking in English as their default voice.
- Before this game was announced, Rooster Teeth, the creator of RWBY teased the possibility of a RWBY fighting game being revealed at Evo 2017 on their Twitter account.
- This is the first Under Night In-Birth fighting game to be released exclusively on console versions, instead of being released on Arcade. Not counting update versions of certain Under Night In-Birth titles.
- According to Toshimichi Mori on Famitsu Interview:
- Under Night In-Birth characters' sprites will be redrawn to match out BlazBlue graphics.
- Currently, there are no plans on including characters from other franchises such as from Guilty Gear in this game, despite Arc System Works awareness of this requests and wanted to expand it in the future, if possible.
- The game's main target crowd is the fans abroad rather than in Japan.
|Main Series||UNDER NIGHT IN-BIRTH (Exe:Late · Exe:late[st])|
|Spin-offs||BlazBlue Cross Tag Battle|